Hello again everyone.
Today I have a post showing how to use items from your kitchen cupboards to decorate your Christmas cards. By using these items it has the added bonus of giving your cards a Christmas aroma…who doesn’t like the smell of Christmas!!
It’s also a good way of using up those ingredients you only buy once a year that then go out of date before you have a chance to use them again.
I have used bay leaves, star anise and mustard seeds on this card. You could also use cinnamon sticks, cloves and dried fruit.
8X8 card blank
Christmas background stamp
embossing ink pad
gold embossing powder
2 pieces of patterned paper of your choice
Gold mirror card
Tonic wreath die
3 bay leaves
1 star anise
1 tsp mustard seeds
assortment of die cut leaves
gold bead chain
Christmas sentiment stamp
blank ink pad
die cutting machine
- Stamp background stamp with embossing ink several times to right side of card blank, cover with gold embossing powder and heat emboss
- Glue patterned paper to left side of card blank don’t worry if overlaps stamped image.
- Die cut the wreath and bells from gold mirror card and glue centrally to card front
- Using hot glue fix bay leaves, die cut leaves, flowers, stamens and star anise to bottom of wreath
- cut some gold beads from chain and randomly fill in any gaps
- dot wet glue randomly around wreath and sprinkle with mustard seeds
- stamp your sentiment onto white card and fix as shown, bending it to give some dimension.
Thats the card complete!
Thanks for popping by.