So, if you have read any of my previous posts, you will know by now that have been making wedding invites for my best friends wedding. I was asked by the groom to do something with this plain box that he had acquired as he wanted to fill it with gifts to present to the bride on her wedding day. You will have to believe me when I say this was a plain kraft card box…(note to self…remember to take before photos!!!). So I set about giving it that vintage, shabby chic look.
- I gave the box a thin watered down coat of gesso
- I then gave it a wash of silver pearl paint
- Once that was dry I applied a thickish layer of crackle medium and allowed to air dry
- Once dry I applied a coat of grey chalk paint in the same direction that I applied the crackle medium and watched the magic happen as it dried.
- I applied gilding wax to the outer edge of the lid to give a slightly aged look
- Using hot glue I attached various different shabby chic style embellishments to the left side of the box
I was really pleased with the result…what do you think?
Selection of deco art paints
Deco art crackle medium
deco art gilding wax
selection of die cut embellishments, paper flowers, pearls, twine & rafia